Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Title

I need some powder advice

I am still fairly new to reloading 9mm and I would just like to find a decent load or published data for Unique with xtreme 115 gr and 124 gr RN bullets. I only have one book with load data (the Lee one) and it doesn’t have any data for those type bullets with Unique. When I bought the powder I could have sworn I saw it in my load data so that’s why I picked it up. I’d just like to finish off the bottle and I’m open for other powder suggestions and loads to try! It’ll be for my CZ P10C. Just plinking stuff but with some kind of accuracy. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    An armed society is a polite society

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    I am still fairly new to reloading 9mm and I would just like to find a decent load or published data for Unique with xtreme 115 gr and 124 gr RN bullets. I only have one book with load data (the Lee one) and it doesn’t have any data for those type bullets with Unique. When I bought the powder I could have sworn I saw it in my load data so that’s why I picked it up. I’d just like to finish off the bottle and I’m open for other powder suggestions and loads to try! It’ll be for my CZ P10C. Just plinking stuff but with some kind of accuracy. Thanks!

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Hornady, Speer, & Lyman all have similar recipes. I’d typed them all out but then realized I hadn’t included the COL and that’s vital info. Plus as I learned early on sometimes too many recipes are worse than not enough recipes. If these don’t work for you I can send you some pics of the relevant pages.

You probably already know, but safety first... Alliant only shows max charge, it’d be wise to back off have a grain and load up.

Title
    I appreciate the help y’all. What powders would you recommend? I plan to stick with these whichever bullets my pistol prefers but it’ll be between these two. How’s Ramshot Silhouette? I see it quite a bit in my book

Title
    Premium Member
    I’ve not used Silhouette. The only Ramshot powder I’ve used is True Blue and that was for some top of the pressure limit 45 ACP for general woods walking on the property. MY 357 or 44 spl makes more sense but with more and more Heroin Addicts roaming around I figure it’s just a matter of time until I may need the extra rounds and the quicker reloads.

Back on the main topic.
    There was a time when a reloader that had more than Bullseye, Unique, and 2400 was considered to be just showing off. Having 497 different powders on hand seems to be a relatively new phenomenon. I’m not knocking it, the tinkerer in me is always looking for new to me powders that I can experiment with.

As as far as other powders to use for 9mm. The list is almost endless. A quick google shows (besides bullseye & unique) W231, HP38, Titegroup, Power Pistol, CFE, and on and on. If it were me I’d just work on getting your particular needs filled with the Unique you have on hand. After you’ve got that down pat then move on to another powder if you’d like to explore.

I just got in from the Doc and need a nap (I’m a night bird) but when I get up I will PM you those pics of the 4 loadbooks I have besides the Lee book. BTW: I really like the Lee book.

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    I appreciate the help y’all. What powders would you recommend? I plan to stick with these whichever bullets my pistol prefers but it’ll be between these two. How’s Ramshot Silhouette? I see it quite a bit in my book
    I love CFE Pistol for 9mm. I've tried a couple other powders, but the CFE Pistol does exactly what I need/want. Good case fill, meters awesome, and fairly clean.

Title
    Premium Member
    Silhouette is a great powder for 9mm loads, mostly for full power, similar to WSF. For slower, plinking/target loads, there are many options.

Do you have a goal for your loads? Competition? Do you need to make a certain power factor? Etc???

I’ve settled on BE-86 for all of my 9mm loads, but there are many other good powders out there...

disciplejourney.com

Title
    All I need is something for plinking and I’d like to stick to just one powder. I’d prefer lighter loads so I can get more loads per bottle even if it’s just a couple. I’m just asking for suggestions so the next time I need to grab powder I’ll see what’s available to me. If it meters well that’s a plus too! I plan on using my lee auto drum when I have my load figured out

Title
    Premium Member
    Then one of the faster powders will work fine. Win231 or HP-38 would fit the bill. VV N320 is an excellent powder but a bit higher price.

If you can find Alliant BE-86 give it a try, very accurate powder that’s low flash, it’s basically a low flash version of Power Pistol with the accuracy of Bullseye!!

disciplejourney.com

Title
    I went shooting yesterday with a couple of different loads using CFE Pistol.
    124gr Xtreme HP's with 4.2gns at 1.130oal
    124gr Xtreme RN's with 4.0gns at 1.130oal which I use primarily for target. It's a light load and might not cycle new pistols. Works awesome in my 92FS.
    Also some 147gr Xtreme HP's with 3.8grns at 1.100oal. These are what work well for me.